Thursday, December 9, 2010

A tribute to Home-Makers

If there is one job in this world which is highly underrated, it is that of a home-maker. Let me just say that over the past few months, I have consciously observed several home-makers, introspected and worn a different lens.

Listing below why I have a new found respect and admiration for all homemakers:
* It is a 24 X 7 X 365 days job - No breaks, holidays, time-outs
* It is one of the most thankless jobs - I have observed that while very few people even acknowledge all the efforts that go into running a home successfully; an even miniscule percentage are grateful for it
* It is a multi-faceted job involving one to play several roles and resposibilities simultaneously and to one's best ability. An indicative list includes (& is not limited by) that of a cook, doctor, nurse, counsellor, teacher, organizer, negotiator, judge, story teller, planner, etc. etc. etc.
* It involves one's ability to deal and work successfully with all kinds of people - from all walks of life and from all strata of society. Most home-makers I have seen are brilliant in their adaptability to deal with different kinds of people
* Involves a great deal of financial planning, management and control

I humbly salute all home-makers in the world. They are the reason why the world is!!!

This post is dedicated to my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment