Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do you mean what you say? Do you say what you mean?

I’ll call you back” – But the call never happens
I’ll send you a note” – But the note is never sent
Meet you in 30 minutes” – 30 minutes extends to eternity, and the meeting never happens
If you need help, call me” – When the call is made, the call is unanswered
I will complete this by tomorrow” – Many tomorrows pass by, and the task is simply undone

Why do we say what we do? – Do we mean what we say? And do we say what we mean?

In the recent past, I have observed so many times when people say so many things – which they probably don’t mean and which they probably will never do.

I don’t know why someone does not keep their word (or rather makes a word in the first place) – If it is once in a way then it is completely understandable and acceptable. But if it is a repeated practice and they continuously do it. Then???.... May be they have just conditioned themselves this way.

But here’s what I do know:
·   If you mean what you say, and say what you mean you will earn others respect over a period of time
·   If you value others time, they will value yours in return
·   If you value others emotions, they will value yours in return
·   If you are cognizant of others expectations, they will reciprocate

So……
 “Do you mean what you say?
Do you say what you mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment