I was recently watching a video on Heston Blumenthal and loved his concept and style of cooking. I had to then dedicate a blog to him.
Who is Heston Blumenthal?
Heston Marc Blumenthal (born 27 May 1966 in London, raised in Buckinghamshire) is the chef and owner of The Fat Duck, a three-Michelin-starred restaurant in the village of Bray in Berkshire voted Best Restaurant in the UK by The Good Food Guide 2007 and 2009, and voted best restaurant in the world by Restaurant magazine in 2005. Blumenthal is famous for his scientific approach and has been described as a culinary alchemist for his innovative style of cooking. Heston Blumenthal attended the John Hampden Grammar School, High Wycombe and Latymer Upper School, London. Apart from a week's work experience in Raymond Blanc's kitchen and a short time in Marco Pierre White's, he is self-taught. According to an interview with The Observer in 2004, he has been cooking "seriously" since the mid-1990s.
(Src: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal#Biography )
Why I loved his style?
The functional need of food is essentially to satisfy one's appetite. This probably is the basic and fundamental definition. However, over the past few years I have observed several chefs who take the concept of cooking to a whole new level. There are chefs who create their signature dishes to appease your senses - to visually appealing dishes, to dishes that tease your taste buds because of the richness of flavours, to dishes that have a great aroma, etc. etc. etc.
What I saw in Heston Blumenthal's dishes blew my breath away - Listing below Why?
* His dishes simply aim to create a magical moment of the whole dining experience - Stirs your soul!!!
* The presentation is simply outstanding - Never can you guess what a dish is made of by looking at it. It's food for your mind and body !!!
* There's actually a rendition of relevant music / sounds for each dish - To provide a complete experience to transport you into a whole new world.
* The taste is spectacular!!! Not only due to the fine innovative cooking style, but also due to the mind-blowing combination of flavours
* The aromas titillate your nasal passages...
So if you have stimulated all your sense organs with just one gastronomic delight, what more can one ask for!!!
This post is dedicated to Heston Blumenthal
This post is dedicated to all creative souls