Monday, January 10, 2011

Left Speechless...

I have been in several situations over the recent past when I have been at a complete loss of words...

Not because I don't have the knowledge - In fact in most of those situations , I would consider my self an expert on the topic being discussed and probably have more knowledge than about 80% of the crowd
Not because I don't have a point of view - In fact in most of the situations, I did have a strong point of view; that backed with adequate data and logic
Not because I don't understand what's being said - Its simple plain English...

But still I have been left speechless..

I wonder why is it that there are some moments with some people and in some situations, one is left at a complete loss of words...

* Is it because one is not comfortable expressing his / her point of view ???
* Is it because one lacks the required confidence for expressing himself / herself ???
* Is it because one would be challenged for expressing himself / herself ???
* Is it because one does not have complete comprehension of what one is saying ???
* Is it because the emotions are so strong that words merely would do no justice to the underlying feelings ???
* Is it because what we are saying is a minority opinion and we do fear the repercussions ???
* Is it because what we are saying is something radical ???
* Is it because the audience is probably not going to be receptive to what's being said ???
* Is is it because one does expect us to say what we do ???

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm very interesting.. Go on Nischala ... probe this topic further. Touch upon your experiences in overcoming these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vinod - Thanks for taking the time to read this blog and for the feedback.
    This blog ending the way it has is completely intentional. This is a specific style of literary writing - More to provoke the reader to think, reflect and also to keep coming back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times I say nothing because I am lazy to argue! Or maybe I have switched off because of the intellect of the other sets of people!

    ReplyDelete