Ask any new mom what she values the most and what she desires the most – I’ll bet she will say SLEEP.
Here’s what I realized about sleep:
• On an average, 6 - 8 hours of sleep is essential. Adequate rest is vital both for the body and mind
• There are times when you desire it the most, and it eludes you the most
• A guaranteed way to ensure you have good sleep is to physically exhaust your self
• Any negative emotion / state of mind (Stress, Anxieties, Worries, etc) have a direct impact on your sleep. So if something’s bothering you for several days, it’s good to get it out of the way
• Anything that induces sleep is a great “sleep catalyst”. For e.g.: Music, Book (especially the heavy duty and most boring ones always guarantee the onset of sleep), A warm glass of milk
• A moment in reflection (gratitude for all the good in life, right & wrong of today and hope for a better tomorrow) before you go to sleep is a good practice
And then there’s nothing more satisfying that a good round of sleep. And to wake up to feeling refreshed and recharged ready to take on the world!!!