Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My first blog post published in MindBlogs

My first blog post has been published in MindBlogs. Check out the link -> http://mindblogs1.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/guest-blogger-nischala-murthy-writes/

The Background - How it all happened?
Over the past few months, I have discovered my love for writing. I’ve probably written more in the last few months, than I have in my entire life. I have posted my writings in several blogs (including this one), saved many in my hard disk and have countless more scripted in my mind – yearning to come out in print and paper.

The response and feedback that I have received has taken me by surprise. Honestly, I am overwhelmed. Most people who know me personally (& some of them I have really not spoken for years) have got back to me in some way – phone, mail, SMS, a Facebook message – All said that they loved what I wrote, looked forward to reading my blogs regularly, I should write more, I should get my work published – All real nice stuff. And this ranges from my parents, to family, to friends to anonymous faceless strangers in Netherlands, Canada and Philippines. Thank you all for reading my blog and more importantly letting me know that you enjoyed reading.

Well, being a novice in the literary world – I really did not know what to do next. I love writing, I am writing, and I am getting a great response… Lots of suggestions / propositions on next steps... I knew that I want my writings to have a larger reach… I want my work to be published… I want to write more… I want to... But really clueless on how to get what I wanted?

And so a quick message to an old school friend who I know had some insight and connections in the literary world. And a prompt reply (Thank You I). She gave me loads of suggestions and inputs. And many of these will probably take long to execute – Because they need more time and effort. Also, given my current motherhood status, time is a scarce commodity. In the end, she suggested I connect with another school friend who works at The Hindu. I have not spoken to her again for years. Luckily when I was online a few days back, she was too. A quick chat and she shared the link of Mindblogs and that I should connect with them (Thank You B).

I wrote to Zahid with the link to my blog and a list of my favorite posts. And a quick mail response from Zahid with the link of my guest blog. (Thank You Zahid)

And so my first guest blog is now up in Mindblogs…

Well, over time I have come to believe that if really want something from deep within, you will get it. And if you don’t get it, then you probably didn’t really want it with all your heart.

This and a couple of other recent life experiences have strengthened my resolve in this belief… That, there is truth in “The Secret”, “The Power” (Yes! Both by Rhonda Byrne). And that they both work.. Always!!!

So as a parting note, if you are reading this and know someone somewhere who will enjoy reading this blog, please do share the link with them.  Thank You!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment