Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sirshasana

I have always been in awe of anyone who can effortlessly perform the Sirshasana [Refer http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/yogapractice/theheadstand.asp ]. And I know of individuals who practice this for about 5 - 10 minutes regularly.. [& wish I could someday do it for atleast 2 minutes]

But I recently met someone who practices this asana everyday for 1 hour 10 mins.. Completely admirable and blew my mind away.. Someone who practices yoga for at least 4 hours daily - 4 AM to 7 AM and 6 PM to 7 PM at the very least; and many times much more.. Someone who has been practicing for almost 20 years every day - Come rain, or shine or snow or .... whatever! Someone who is happy and peaceful, radiant and in control of life....

In my view, performing this asana requires complete control on one's mind, body and emotions - and this is not possible by most of us even for short periods of time .. So its great to see individuals perform this asana..

After long, I was completely inspired by someone for their - 
* Self Discipline
* Self Motivation
* Humility
* In-depth knowledge on the subject
* Good understanding of the subject
* Genuineness
* Kindness
* Willingness to impart the body of knowledge he had acquired over the years from formal education and practice

Post is dedicated to Dr G G

No comments:

Post a Comment