Monday, December 5, 2011

Echoes of 2011

2011 has been a milestone year in my life…. One which I will always remember for very many reasons…
(1) Experienced Bereavement – For the first time in my life, I experienced loss – close and personal. And there is something about the permanent loss of a loved one which changes you deeply and leaves you with many realizations – About life, people, yourself, reality, world,… And leaves a void in your life forever
(2) Completed 1 year as a Mother - Motherhood is a journey : One in which you get to experience the heights of many emotions (from joys to pride to wonder to satisfaction to amazement to happiness to sadness to grief to worry to anxiety), understand the real meaning of selflessness, love, care, dependency, inter-dependency, nurturing and development. One of the most important aspects of being a mother is that you get to learn – grow as an individual, evolve as a mother and re-learn everything you learnt as a child!!!
(3) My journey as a blogger and writer - I have discovered my love for blogging and writing.. And the last 1 year of blogging and writing has been personally satisfying and rewarding on many fronts - in terms of giving me clarity on many things in life, got connected with many like-minded people across the globe, re-connected with old friends and family, given me tons of new ideas on what I can do in life and most importantly made me happy!!!
(4) Understood what TRUE friends are – This has been the year of many trials and tribulations. And what has kept me in good stead was the presence, support and strength of a few GREAT friends… Who stood by me in whatever way they could at moments I needed them the most – by giving a ear, a hand, a word or a shoulder.
(5) Realized the importance of family in life –At the end of the day, the role of family is a very important element for a happy and balanced life. And sometimes what is really vital in a family is an acknowledgement, an appreciation, a conversation, a special moment, a patient hearing, a thoughtful gesture and shared moments and experiences….

And of course, in 2011 there were a host of other events, accomplishments, learning’s, experiences, insights, beginnings and closures…

No comments:

Post a Comment