1) Be positive
2) Practice - The more your drive, the more you learn
3) Banish Fear - It is a figment of your imagination
4) Most important is to learn to be in control of your car - You should be able to start, stop & Maneuver at will
5) Assume the following are your responsibilities - You, Your car, Other drivers, Other cars and Anyone / thing on the road
6) If you make a mistake, accept it and do the required course correction - Whatever be the scale of error
Lastly, Remember that no one knew driving when they were born. They learnt, they evolved with experience and became perfect with practice...