Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12 Women Quotes which made me SMILE :)

On the occasion of Women’s Day, I did a significant reading, research and thinking on women… I read about women in politics, history, business, cinema, music, art, sports, power, media, news, blogs, twitter, social-media, etc…I mean you can’t miss them anywhere you go and that’s AWESOME!
My personal ruminations on women:

• Looking back at my own life, I think the most significant impact has been from the women in my life – my grandmother, my mother, my sister, my teachers in school, my oldest and dearest friends, my aunts, my cousins, my extended family, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, my niece and of course, my little daughter – The all teach me, inspire me and keep me going through any kind of day…
• A women plays an important role in how you eventually turn out - Specifically in your self-confidence, in your attitude and most importantly in how you think
• A women plays a pivotal role in the family, in the society and in the world at large. How she conducts herself within the four walls & outside the four walls; and how she treats those around her has a definite effect and influence in the lives of those around her; and this manifestation has a definite compounding effect

And interestingly in all that I read, I could not miss the jest, humor and wit about WOMEN….

In this blog, I have listed the 12 quotes which made me laugh.. I hope it does the same to you…
1. To generalize on women is dangerous. To specialize on them is infinitely worse.
By Rudolph Valentino

2. A woman’s mind is cleaner than a man’s – That’s because she changes it more often.
By Oliver Herford

3. I’d much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships.
By Gilda Radner

4. The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is ''What does a woman want?'
By Sigmund Freud

5. A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.
By Eleanor Roosevelt & Nancy Reagan

6. Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions
By Jules Michelet

7. What is better than wisdom? Woman. And what is better than a good woman? Nothing.
By Geoffrey Chaucer

8. There’s two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
By Will Rogers

9. Man has will, but woman has her way.
By Oliver Wendell Holmes

10. One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman that even a bargain costs money.
By Edgar Watson Howe

11. God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish, that she might love him
By Robin P Williams

12. Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men
By Joseph Conrad

What’s the most amusing quote that you’ve read about WOMEN?.. Leave a comment to let me know




1 comment: