Thursday, April 5, 2012

The 15 Books I Recommend YOU Read…

Reading is a wonderful hobby to develop and inculcate. There are many benefits of reading, the key ones being
1) You get to learn
2) You get to know and appreciate alternate thoughts and viewpoints
3) Your own views, opinions, perceptions evolve as you read
4) Your vocabulary / literary skills improve - If you pay attention
5) You get “ME Time” – Time by yourself and for yourself
6) Your own “creative imagination” is enhanced – Books compel you to imagine and hence nurture both your “left” and “right” side of the brain..
7) You never feel lonely / alone – As long as you have a good book with you!

In this blog, I have listed the 15 Books I recommend everyone to read at least once. What you take away will be very specific to your individual context, circumstance, creativity and comprehension – However, the ONE thing that I can vouch for is that they will all DEFINITELY leave YOU with a POWERFUL TAKE-AWAY..
1) The Secret By Rhonda Byrne
2) Who Moved My Cheese? By Spencer Johnson
3) Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
4) Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach
5) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
6) The Art of Power By Thich Nhat Hanh
7) Love Story by Erich Segal
8) The KiteRunner By Khaled Hosseini
9) Mutation by Robin Cook
10) Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
11) All I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum
12) Night Over Water by Ken Follett 1
3) The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
14) Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
15) The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon

Want to add to this list with your recommendations? Leave a comment below…

3 comments:

  1. Please add Maximum City to your list..I have read most of the books you have mentioned and they WERE AMAZING..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve read 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, & 15 on your list (although I read #15 a very, very long time ago!) I would add, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill - one of my all time favorites!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's a great book. I've found many people read it (self included), but don't apply everything! Your comment is a reminder for me to review my finances :) Nischala

      Delete