Friday, December 7, 2012

2012 Movie Watch

"I think cinema, movies, and magic have always been closely associated. The very earliest people who made film were magicians." BY Francis Ford Coppola

"A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it. " BY Alfred Hitchcock (I can't agree more!)

"We are the movies and the movies are us." BY David Ansen

In 2012, I also watched a couple of movies - all purely by my own choice. In this post, listing the names and along with each, I'll also mention what I liked the most in the movie. Will also be highlighting in BOLD my personal favorites.

* The Beautiful Mind (English) - The story and the scene in which everyone pays their respect to Dr Nash by placing their pens on the table in his honor was a fantastic scene!
* Kahaani (Hindi) - Vidya Balan's acting
* Zindagi Na Milegi Dobaara (Hindi) - The Casting, Scuba diving, Spanish Tomatina festival
* Vicky Donor (Hindi) - The ending!
* The Dirty Picture (Hindi) - Vidya Balan's acting was simply superb!
* Ferrari Ki Sawari (Hindi) - Story and Acting
* Cocktail (Hindi)
* Barfi (Hindi)
* English Vinglish (Hindi) - Sridevi's acting, the story and just everything! One of the BEST movies of the year
* The Black Swan (English) - Acting and Abstraction
* 3 Idiots (Hindi) - Story and Message
* Ishaqzaade (Hindi)
* Memoirs of a Geisha (English)
* The KiteRunner (English) - Possibly one of the only instances when I liked the movie as much as I liked the book!
* Stanley Ka Dabba (Hindi)
* Shirin Farhad ki Nikal Padi (Hindi)
* On My God (Hindi)
* Jab Tak Hain Jann (Hindi)
* Talaash (Hindi)
* 127 Hours (English) - Excellent movie about human strength and courage. An absolute MUST WATCH to show how humans behave in situation of real adversity

No comments:

Post a Comment