Monday, December 24, 2012

After 3 years of Blogging, I HIT the Writers Block

I came across the word "Writer's Block" several months back. If you're wondering what it is, here's a quick definition
Basically, "Writer's Block" is is a condition, primarily associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task at hand. At the other extreme, some "blocked" writers have been unable to work for years on end, and some have even abandoned their careers. Throughout history writer's block has been a documented problem [Src: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writer%27s_block ]

Luckily for me ever since I started blogging seriously in 2010, I've always been able to write - Any time of the day / night, Any where, Any sort of environment - If there's one thing I can do it is write. I do love writing - I can lose track of time, I find it a great destresser, therapeutic and spiritual.

Sometimes there is the challenge of what to write about, but then I have a list of topics always handy (on my mobile & laptop) so topic is not an issue.

Over the recent past, I have experienced the "Writer's Block".. And now I know what it feels like
Try as much as I want to, I am not able to pen down a single word

Oh! What a feeling that is
When you want to write something from your heart, but you are just NOT able to
When you want to express something through words, and the words just DO NOT come
When you want to.....
You have to experience it to know what I mean

I mean it's like sometimes you really want to eat something and when its laid in front of you, you just can't eat it OR
You want to say something to someone really bad and they come in front of you, and you are at a complete loss of words

I can't explain it more.. Just that I have experienced it
And there is pain and pleasure in the experience
And also probably a message
That maybe.. just maybe there is a reason that I experienced the "Writer's Block".
Since its almost the end of the year (2012)
Maybe its time to review my own blogs and writings
Maybe its time to make some changes
Maybe its time for a fresh start....

No comments:

Post a Comment