Friday, December 21, 2012

Nischala's Book Shelf for 2012

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider. Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention" Sir Francis Bacon

When I started 2012, I resolved to revive my reading habits. Not that I started with any specific agenda, but that I wanted to resume reading actively. As I look back at the year, I am happy with the fact that I have read several books this year in comparison 2011! They are from diverse authors and of diverse genres!

In this post, I am listing the books I read this year. The ones in BLUE are my personal favorites and should be on your MUST READ list - in case you've not yet read them.
NON-FICTION
Outliers : Stories of Success BY Malcolm Gladwell
The Power BY Rhonda Bryne
The Secret BY Rhonda Bryne
I'm NOT Stressed BY Dianne Pandey
Positive Powerful and Purposeful Thinking BY Dr. Prem Masand
Living with the Himalayan Masters BY Swami Rama
Don't Sprint the Marathon BY V Ranganathan
Think and Grow Rich BY Napoleon Hill
Mysteries of the Universe BY BK University
Confessions of a Serial Dieter BY Kalli Purie
Walk on Sand before you sleep on Silk BY Vijay Batra, Pramod Batra
The Best Thing about You is YOU BY Anupam Kher
The Last Lecture BY Randy Pausch
Who will cry when you die? BY Robin Sharma
All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten BY Robert Fulghum
If God was a Banker BY Ravi Subramaniam
Making the Most of Today BY Pamela Espeland and Rosemary Wallner
Spiritual Parenting BY Gopika Kapoor
A Woman's Guide to a Happy Home BY J Maurus
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success BY Deepak Chopra
Jonathan Livingstone Seagull BY Richard Bach
Men of Steel BY Vir Sanghvi
Family Wisdom BY Robin Sharma
As a Man Thinketh BY James Allen
Moments of Parenting

FICTION
Life is what you make it BY Preeti Shenoy
34 Bubblegums and Candies BY Preeti Shenoy
Tea for Two and a Cup of Cake BY Preeti Shenoy
2 States BY Chetan Bhagat
Almost Single BY Advaita Kala
How Opal Mehta got kissed got wild and got a life BY Kavya Vishwanathan
Mutation BY Robin Cook
Unaccustomed Earth BY Jhumpa Lahiri
Revolution 2020 BY Chetan Bhagat

1 comment: