Monday, December 17, 2012

The three things I badly wish I could have are...

Preeti Shenoy's new book (The 4th one) "The Secret Wishlist" is going to be out soon. I've read Preeti's 3 earlier books (& loved her writings), and also featured her as a part of Nischala's Blog-o-Rendezvous. She writes beautifully and straight from the heart. An absolute delight to read her work!

For her new book, Preeti is hosting the  'Wish list Wednesdays' in which she shares a "Creative Prompt" every Wednesday on her blog. I've never ever participated in anything like this before, but for the fun of it decided to take this challenge.

So  The three things I badly wish I could have are...
(1) A Personal Robot
One who could do all the regular chores at home and at work - the Boring, Monotonous, so-called inconsequential tasks - which take up so much of your everyday time, which are thankless, but which need to be done.. Like laundry, cooking, organizing, house cleaning, reports, bill payments, etc etc etc. How I wish I had a personal robot who simply took care of everything at the click of a button. I do know that this will be a reality sometime in the future - But then hey! Who knows if it will help me if I get it 20 years from now? ;)

(2) A Magic Pill for Hunger
Within the 4 walls, cooking is one task which takes up so much time, effort, fuel, energy, emotions and so many other raw materials. Across the world, there are so many countless people who are barely able to get a meal a day or die out of hunger - Children, Elderly people, Sick people - Many who struggle to just get some food to beat their hunger pangs. How wonderful it would be if there was a magic pill for hunger. Something easily accessible across the world.. Something which is healthy and has a good composition of what the human body needs (carbohydrates, proteins, fat, vitamins and minerals)

(3) The power to make "The Last Wish" come true for someone with a life threatening medical condition
I came across the Make a Wish Foundation more than 2 decades ago. I also learned that they have started operations in India as well.
The ability to make someone's last dream come true is actually an amazing power and gift (It is a blessing), especially if it is the dream of a child with a life threatening medical condition.
Since then I have seen several people (children and adults) with life threatening medical conditions, and all of them harbor small and large dreams. The joy they get when their dreams come true is simply wonderful to watch - The expressions, the look in their eyes, their happiness - Simply unparalleled! Having the ability and power to make "The Last Wish" come true for someone with a life threatening medical condition would be awesome!

That's my wishlist. What's yours?

1 comment: