Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Many Significant Days of the Year

As a blogger in 2012, one of things that I have kept track of is the special / significant days of the year. Simply because they give you topics / inspiration to blog about - as relevant in your personal context. However, I did not find any one source which gave me the information I required and hence I created my own list on the Many Significant Days of the year.

In this blog, I will list down the many significant days of a year which I came across - Some were well know to me for eons, but many were interesting new discoveries. The key objective is to use this as a ready reference for the future to keep track of many significant days and dates of the year.


In case I have missed any important date, leave a comment to let me know.

Addendum
February
February 14 - International Book Giving Day - Aimed to get as many books as possible into the hands of children
Mid-February (Exact Date based on Hindu Calendar) - Vasant Panchami / Basant Panchami

March
March 20 - World Sparrow Day - To raise public awareness about the decline of the house sparrow and throw light on the problems faced by the species in its daily fight for survival.
March 22 - World Water Day - Is held annually on 22nd March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. Each year, World Water Day highlights a specific aspect of freshwater.

April
April 2 - World Autism Awareness Day - To create global awareness around Autism
April - Cheti Chand (Sindhi New Year) - Dates as per annual regional calendar

May
May 3 - World Press Freedom Day
May [First Saturday] - World Free Comic Book Day

June
June 12 - World Day against Child Labor
June 21 - World Music Day


July
Fourth Sunday of every July - Worlds Parents Day
July 28 (Last Sunday of July) - World Hepatitis Day ( Observed to increase the awareness and understanding of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and the diseases that they cause )
July 29 - World Tigers Day 
 

October
First Friday in October - World Smile Day
 

NOTE: I do intend to update this once in a way as I come across new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment