Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Many of Types of Couples

Over the past several years, I've had the good fortune of observing and interacting many types of couples (dating, newly-weds, married for 10+ years, 20+ years, 30+ years, 40+ years and 50+ years)

And I observed that there are very specific patterns that emerge between a couple..

I don't know how these types evolve over time - May be based on the kind of personalities each of them individually are, the power equation in a relationship, their past, their values, their life experiences, their culture, their upbringing, their interactions with other couples, etc. etc. etc.

Type 1 : I say, so YOU do
Type 2 : I do, so YOU do
Type 3 : I don't say, so YOU don't say
Type 4 : I don't say, so YOU say
Type 5 : I don't do, so YOU should do
Type 6 : I don't do, so YOU don't do
Type 7 : I don't say or do, so YOU don't say or do
Type 8 : I don't say or do, do YOU should say and do
Type 9 : I say or do - But don't tell you, and I don't know what YOU say or do
Type 10 : I say or do - But don't tell you, and I don't care what YOU say or do
Type 11 : Let's do together

Majority of the couples I see around me fall in Types 1 to 10 (Sad but true!)
Very very few (an infinitely small percentage) fall under Type 11

If you're a couple in Type 11, really really GOOD FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment