Thursday, October 3, 2013

42 Excuses for NOT EXERCISING! [UBC Post 3]

Along with the UBC Challenge this Oct 2013, I've also made a resolution to resume exercise (Yes! I know it is October, but good things like exercising don't need to start only in January... RIGHT?) - Even if I am at exercise for 10 minutes in a day, I am OK.. But what is important is to start and keep at it.

As of date, I'm 3 days into the UBC and my exercise routine .. So far so good!

During my work-out today, I could not help but run through all the excuses I've given / I've heard for why ONE DOES NOT EXERCISE... I thought it would be a fun post, so here goes (Some are really innovative / will make you go Aaaaaaaaaaaa! or Aw! or Ouch|)

1) I don't have TIME (Most common, and TOPS the list for the vast majority)

2) I am not interested (So, what are you interested in?)

3) I don't need exercise, I'm PERFECT (Let me just see you again now)

4) I don't have exercise clothes (Huh.. Just start baby. Clothes will come.)

5) I don't have exercise shoes (Buy them? Say, online?)

6) I don't know how to exercise (You can learn right? Did you know ABC when you were born?)

7) I don't have the right company (Everything in life does not need company.. right? )

8) There's no place to exercise (Huh?)

9) My mom / dad / lover / spouse told me not to (Huh? Are they doctors? If yes, then OK!)

10) I feel tired after exercise, so its not for me.. (Exercise is a physical activity my friend. It sets your heart racing, and is meant to work your body and burn calories)

11) I don't have money to exercise (For your information - There are many free forms of exercise)

12) I don't like exercise

13) I find exercise boring

14) The weather is not good for exercise - Too hot / Too cold / Raining / Snowing, etc. etc.

15)My parents don't let me exercise (Hmmm..)

16) I don't have exercise equipment

17) I don't have exercise music (Huh?)

18) I don't have the body to exercise (Yeah! That's why you need exercise)

19) I don't have exercise videos (Huh? Did your Physical Education teacher not demonstrate in school?)

20) My spouse does not let me exercise (What does he / she do?)

21) My children don't let me exercise (Don't they go to school / somewhere for sometime in the day?)

22) I know someone who got into trouble (let your imagination run wild) because of exercise.. (What exercise did he / she do?, I wonder)

23) All the guys will fall in love with me if I have the perfect body (Wooo! Hooo!); so I'm fine this way

24) My age does not permit me to exercise (I'm too young / I'm too old!)

25) I've just eaten, so I cannot exercise (Somewhat valid, but can't you exercise later?)

26) It affects my productivity at work, so I won't exercise

27) I'm going for a wild party today, and I will get exercise there! (Just what sort of party are you headed to? Have fun!)

28) I have better / more interesting / fun things to do than exercise (OK! Go for it)

29) My company / organization / institute does not permit exercise (Where are you exactly?)

30) Exercise is against my religious beliefs (Amen to that!)

31) He / She will not like it if I exercise; and I value the relationship too much to irk / anger him / her (OK! You know your priorities best)

32) Sleep is a better investment of my time than exercise

33) I'd rather watch TV than exercise

34) I get enough exercise playing video games (Can you point me to the research which said that please?)

35) I get enough exercise on FaceBook farms farming / hunting and Pinterest boards.. etc etc etc (OK! I know you love Social Media, but come on... Move it!)

36) I got my exercise for today by walking to my car (Yes! That counts.. But is it enough?)

37) My pet (dog / cat / turtle / fish) does not support me enough (Just what sort of support are you expecting sweetie?)

38) I don't see any benefits in exercise (Try it for a month, and then you tell me!)

39) I get all the exercise delivered to me (via Blogs, Twitter, FaceBook and LinkedIn).. (OK... Shake it, Move it and Give it all you got!)

40) I can't get myself to exercise

41) My diet takes care of my exercise (Just HOW?)

42) My wife does my share of exercise (No wonder she's a HOTTIE, and you have a HAPPY NAUGHTY PAUNCH right there)

So, what's your excuse? Add it to the comments below..


I am also linking this post to the October’s NaBloPoMo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liked this post and my writings? Hop over to my other blog "Nischala's Space, Thoughts and Expressions" to read about my views on Social Media, Marketing and Leadership.

For an inspirational interview series I did on my blog with global "stars", zoom to Nischala's Blog-o-Rendezvous

I regularly write for other blogs of global repute. For a round-up of my Guest Posts, click here

I've re-discovered my love for poetry (Am still a budding / amateur poet). You can get a taste of my poetry at Nischala's Blog-o-Poetry

35 comments:

  1. Well Said..Please share this article through your Social media Networks to reach within your friend circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do,, If you think people in your network will enjoy it too, please share

      Delete
  2. Each one of these reasons was absolutely hilarious, and even funnier were your retorts to those reasons, thoroughly enjoyable post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tx. I did my good karma for the day by making someone smile :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing, these is extremely helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe this!! You found 42 reasons for it!! And people have said these :D :D some of these were hilarious :D :D especially its against my religion one :P :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! I know he brought the religious dimension to end the discussion. Was successful

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I started hearing my own excuses mirroring yours. LOL I have an exercise bike and all I have to do is just get on it and stay on it and do it...but I come up with lots of reasons not too. Loved your list. Why should I exercise? Probably because I need too and should. Ha! Loved your retorts because I could identify with those too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tx Kathy. Hope you get on the exercise bike. Good luck

      Delete
  6. Haha...I think my list goes to a 100! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne - Time to stop the centuries & start the exercise ;)

      Delete
  7. I am guilty of a lot many excuses from your list here!! I walk for 2 days and rest for 4 days.... that's my schedule.... Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busted! I think I've used all of these excuses at some point or another. LOL article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My excuse : I will start from tomorrow. TOMORROW NEVER COMES.Nice post and I think most of can identify with the excuses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. My excuse : I will start from tomorrow. TOMORROW NEVER COMES.Nice post and I think most of can identify with the excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no excuse. The dog won't let me not get out to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :).. One of the many benefits of having a dog :)

      Delete
  12. Mine is...I so want to...but you know these days, just let it be little better weather I'll start...I promise
    Second - Oh ya I couldnt get up early and I get late back from work :p
    I know they are lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :).. Thank god we don't get negative marks for lame excuses ;)

      Delete
  13. I make no excuses. I love to exercise I do something everyday, from walking to Kettlebells. It keeps me sane and sleeping good at night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful to hear that. you fall in the minority group :)

      Delete
  14. LOL!!
    I try not to make excuses .. but, these days not much is happening on that front! :-/
    I need to get back to my regime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pixie - We all get into those phases, and then bounce back..Reality for most of us

      Delete
  15. What an exhaustive list! :D I have used many of these before. Do you know how I got myself to use the treadmill daily? I read a book! So it is not boring anymore. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tip n trick - esp. if you love reading.. Multi-tasking?

      Delete
  16. No excuses for me. I love to exercise!! From UBC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. excuses change daily but they are in the list above. time to stop excuses and start exercising. enjoyed it :)

    http://amarnaik.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete