Tuesday, October 22, 2013

So, what is "DEATH"?

So what is DEATH? I wonder many a time
Is it an end or Is it a new beginning?
Is it the conversion of matter to energy?
Is it the culmination of breath.. or life?
Is it time when your work / role here is done and up? 
Is it the time when you can bear it here no more?
I don't really know for sure..

I've not really Googled about what others said about DEATH... until today. Sharing what made an impression on me..

It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.”
BY Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
BY Mark Twain

"Our life dreams the Utopia. Our death achieves the Ideal."
BY Victor Hugo

"Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear,
To be we know not what, we know not where.
"
BY John Dryden

"After your death you will be what you were before your birth."
BY Arthur Schopenhauer

"If you would behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life. For life and death are one, even as the river and sea are one."
BY Kahlil Gibran

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force."
BY Yoda, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

"It seems a strange and repugnant conclusion that with the cessation of consciousness at death, there ceases to be any knowledge of having existed. With his last breath it becomes to each the same thing as though he had never lived. And then the consciousness itself -- what is it during the time that it continues? And what becomes of it when it ends? We can only infer that it is a specialized and individualized form of that Infinite and Eternal Energy which transcends both our knowledge and our imagination; and that at death its elements lapse into the Infinite and Eternal Energy whence they were derived."
BY Herbert Spencer

"With death comes honesty."
BY Salman Rushdie

"Death aims only once, but never misses."
BY Edward Counsel, Maxims

"Our dead are never dead to us until we have forgotten them."
BY George Eliot

"Death ends a life, not a relationship.
BY Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie

"For death is but a passing phase of Life;
A change of dress, a disrobing;
A birth into the unborn again;
A commencing where we ended;
A starting where we stopped to rest;
A crossroad of Eternity;
A giving up of something, to possess all things.
The end of the unreal, the beginning of the real.
"
BY Edwin Leibfreed, "The Song of the Soul"

So, what does death mean to you? Do you understand it? Leave a comment to let me know

I am linking this post to the October’s Ultimate Blogging Challenge and NaBloPoMo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liked this post and my writings? Sign-up for Blog Updates via Mail. Enter your mail address in the box to the right (Below the "About Me" Section)

You can also hop over to my other blog "Nischala's Space, Thoughts and Expressions" to read about my views on Social Media, Marketing and Leadership.

For an inspirational interview series I did on my blog with global "stars", zoom to Nischala's Blog-o-Rendezvous

I regularly write for other blogs of global repute. For a round-up of my Guest Posts, click here

I've re-discovered my love for poetry (Am still a budding / amateur poet). You can get a taste of my poetry at Nischala's Blog-o-Poetry

3 comments:

  1. To me, death is probably a new beginning, and like you said early on in your post, to me it signifies that the role that I was intended to play in this life on this plane is over and it is time to move on to the next one I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot to think about there. What I fear about death is the unknown...that I will pass in a vacuum. Death, after a live well-lived, should be a time of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see death as the end but not as a solution if life becomes difficult to deal with

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2013/10/oil-bubbles/

    ReplyDelete