Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ultimate Blog Challenge (UBC) - Oct 2013 [UBC Post 1]

I've signed up for the Ultimate Blog Challenge [UBC] this month (Oct 2013). The goal of this challenge is to write and share a new blog post every day of the month. So in Oct 2013 - I should publish 31 posts here on my blog. If you want to know more about UBC, refer the image below.
For the regular blog readers of my blog, you're aware that I did this even in April 2013 as A Blog A Day. It was fun and most importantly, I was successful :)

Why did I take up this challenge again?
Well, its been a while since I took up any challenge in the past few months (apart from clearing an examination in Aug 2013), so I decided to go for it.
The second and probably more important reason is that my list of "blog topics" is increasing every single day, and I needed to knock off a few topics from the list :) , i.e., even after giving off 33 Blog topics for FREE!
Thirdly, writing everyday phenomenally improves your thinking and writing skills; and it is probably time for me to hone both of these :)
Last and finally, since you are interacting everyday with other people participating in the challenge, you are introduced to several new blogs, writers, writing styles, topics, views and perspectives : which can be a very rewarding and enriching experience - And I am looking forward to that!

So what do I plan to blog about?
Hmm.. Well, I'll just go with the flow and write about what I feel like writing.  The range of topics will revolve around life (my life, and life in general), blogging, parenting, random thoughts and musings, possibly BlogAdda's WOW (Write Over Weekend) contests [ Cause I've won over the last 2 weeks :) ] and any other interesting contest or writing prompt that I come across!

And what's the schedule?
The plan is 1 post per day; though the challenge says that you should post 31 posts by Oct 31, 2013.

So wish me luck, and look forward to my posts.. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. And yes! Be sure to leave a comment - So that I know someone is reading :)

NOTE: The title of all posts will end with [UBC Post X]

To know more about the UBC, refer the image below:

 
[Src:  http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/UltimateBlogChallenge.png ]


16 comments:

  1. I love that you are challenging yourself to grow as a writer and a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney.. And hopefully will succeed

      Delete
  2. Best of luck Nischala! I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have read your posts before as well. I believe its been sometime since you have blogged now. Good to see you back with UBC. It surely brings us all to our busiest selves. Lets hope it brings in better writing and interesting new friends :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to better writing and interesting friends :)..

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to this challenge as well. Will have to check out some of the writing prompt links that you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Wendy.. Look forward to reading your posts too

      Delete
  5. Ok. I'm ready to hear more from you. I love your profile. You sound interesting and ... diverse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. And I hope my content over next few days interests you as well :)

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to your posts through the month, Nischala. I succumbed to doing the UBC too - on my other blog. Aren't these challenges so tempting? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that Connie :).. It is indeed tempting. And if you're a blogger, you usually get by.. And again, thanks for sharing on you're blog - else I'd never have known. Nischala

      Delete
  7. Hi Nischala I am Jovie. I have created a blog on 28 Sep 2013 with my basic skills and I thought of sign up with the Google AdSense but I did not get the approval. Could you please support me to create a ultimate blog like you......! My E-Mail is jovie1788@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Jovie.. I had written a post on all that I learned in my blogging journey @ http://nischalamurthy.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/blogging-lessons/. Do check it out. I am sure it will help you. Best wishes. Nischala

      Delete
  8. I love these challenges too. This UBC will be my 7th everyday blogging challenge and though I am terribly busy this October, still I plunged into this. Looking forward to read all your 31 posts! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Shilpa - You've already done 7.. That's awesome! Good luck and as a veteran blogger, I am sure you will be successful! look forward to reading your posts too.. Nischala

      Delete