Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Had I looked back


I may have figured where I came from
I may have understood what I'm really made of
I may have envisioned how I'd turn out
I may have understood the difference I'd make had I stayed back

I would have acknowledged the independence
I would have accepted the dependence
I would have appreciated the inter-dependence

I would have seen the emotions
I would have sensed the thoughts
I would have seen the longing and the pining
I would have known that there was unfinished business

Of the heart
Of the mind
Of the reality
Of Existence

Written for Write Tribe's "100 Words on Saturday" for the prompt  "Had I looked back"

13 comments:

  1. Lovely take on the prompt, loved the verse which helped me introspect quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad these words made you think.. Tx for leaving a comment

      Delete
  2. Another very beautiful poem, bookmarking your blog for a marathon reading session :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful take on the prompt!! Makes me want to ponder about myself too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful poem, Nischala and justice done to your prompt:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vishal for stopping by and leaving a comment. Appreciate it

      Delete
  6. This prompt in itself was encouraging us to be introspective, and your post justifies it completely. Indeed only when we look back we realize how far have we come in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sugandha. You are generous with your words

      Delete