Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N | Say "NO NO NO" – Loud and Clear.. For what?




One of the most powerful words in the English language is this two-letter word “NO”. A simple, clear and assertive “NO” has the power to transform any life. And yet, many of us are guilty of using this word so very sparingly. Many of us just cannot get ourselves to say NO. The words just fail to come out.

I wonder why it is so hard to say “No”? We want to say “No” to him / her / them, and we end up saying “Yes” to all of them. I think it usually is the compound effect of one’s upbringing, one’s social conditioning, one’s own fears and inhibitions on the repercussions of saying NO based on past personal experiences and the experiences of others around you.

And here’s the real thing | In saying “YES” to everyone all the time, you ends up saying “NO” to yourself every single time. Is it really worth it? I don’t think so.


Once in a way, say “YES” to yourself and “NO” the others. It is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.

So what should anyone say NO to do?

Say NO to people and situations which make you feel small

Say NO to people which are critical / judgmental of everything you do

Say NO to what takes you away from what you truly want in life

Say NO to people who make you validate your existence every single say

Say NO to negativity in any way or form – be it your own thoughts, feelings, words and deeds or others feelings, words and deeds

Say NO who shake and break your self-confidence

Say NO to those who made you sad

Say NO to what makes you feel guilty and sorry every other day

Say NO to what drains your energy (in a not so nice way)

Say NO to what you believe is wrong

Say NO to being exploited

Say NO to any kind / form of abuse

Say NO to what you believe is wrong

Say NO to hurt

Say NO to pain

Say NO to fear

Say NO to "Yes"... sometimes so you can say "Yes" to yourself

 No is a complete sentence and so often we forget that.
When we don’t want to do something we can simply smile and say no.
We don’t have to explain ourselves, we can just say “No”.
Early on my journey I found developing the ability to say no expanded my ability to say yes and really mean it.
My early attempts at saying no were often far from graceful but with practice even my no came from a place of love.
Love yourself enough to be able to say yes or no
.”
By Susan Gregg

As I sign-off, I leave you with some powerful quotes I came across

11 comments:

  1. Yes, this is so true. Saying no has been tough for me all my life. Until last year, I have said No on so many occasions that deserved a refusal and I feel good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Nischala.....very nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can stop saying "yes" any time I want to. Really. Yes, I can. I just don't want to yet...
    But, no, really.
    I should practice it in front of the mirror some.
    Donna Smith
    The A-to-Z Challenge
    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com
    Mainely Write

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said! ! I do find it hard to say no but you're right that you end up saying no to yourself if you keep giving in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said. Most times we end up saying yes when we actually want to say No. Damn powerful this word is. Great post.

    here from A-Z (http://jiljilramamani.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True words. It's difficult to say NO to people & situations and when we develop that ability to do it, it empowers us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could say it as often as I need to! Good post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was something. It is HARD to say NO . Yes but what a bful msg Nischala by saying yes to every thing we say no to ourselves. how true !
    Each line strongly impacted me. THANKS
    dropping by from A to Zers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree. We really do short change ourselves. Thanks fpr this "N"
    Moondustwriter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes it is very ard to say "No" and hence we always end up saying "yes". Hope one day it becomes easy to say "No" without any fear of hurting anyone.

    ReplyDelete