Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Escape and The Escapist


I’m questioned
My questions answered
What do I do?
I ESCAPE

I’m cornered
I’m stopped
I’m unsure
I’m scared
What do I do?
I ESCAPE

I’m speechless
I’ve too much to say
I’m emotional
I’m unable to emote
What do I do?
I ESCAPE

I’m sad
I’m happy
I’m teary eyed
What do I do?
I ESCAPE

I see something I should not
I hear something I should not
I say something I should not
What do I do?
I ESCAPE

They laugh at me
I laugh back at them
Then, what do I do?
I ESCAPE

They ridicule me
I ridicule them right back
Then, what do I do?
I ESCAPE

They cheat me
I cheat them right back
Then, what do I do?
I ESCAPE

I ESCAPE
I ESCAPE
I ESCAPE
I am THE ESCAPIST

Why do I ESCAPE?
Because I don’t want to face the reality
Because I don’t want to face people
Because I don’t want to know the truth
Because I don’t want to face myself
Because I don’t want to hear the bad and ugly
Because I don’t want the judgment
Because I don’t want the advice
Because I don’t want the comparisons
Because I don’t want to hear the criticism
Because I want to breathe
Because I want to be
BE… BREATHE….BE

Linking this post to UBC too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment