Monday, November 24, 2014

Indian Women at Work | A round-up of my best posts on this subject

If you’ve ever read or followed my blogs, you’ll know that Women at Work is a topic very close to my heart.

One, I’m a woman

Two, I’ve been in the corporate world for about 14 years now – years which took me across the world through a range of exciting, diverse and satisfying career experiences and also have been defining personally – especially with the 3M’s : Marriage (once) and Motherhood (twice). I have been fortunate to experience in my career (up close and personal) the great, good, bad & ugly; and I survived.. I’ve also been a part of the industry highs and lows including the IT boom and recession, the financial crash, M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) and multiple organization re-structuring ; and all these experiences have given me a holistic understanding of work and life.

Three, I see young women around me at various stages and phases of their career journey. While I see passion, hope and commitment in their eyes and dreams in their heart, I also hear so many questions on the How? When? Where? Questions which plagued me in the past, are knocking their door-step today. I believe I might have some answers and perspective based on my experiences.

In this post, I'm sharing a round-up of my most popular posts on this subject (Something which I really wish I could have read at the start of my career)

Why women should work? – Here are 30 good reasons

50 Things I wish I’d truly understood (as a WOMAN) when I started my corporate career

New to the IT workforce? Here’s what counts

Working mothers career continuum : Focus, Flex, Flow

What working women can learn about productivity from ants?

Getting back to work after maternity leave

Learning to say NO

Asking for help. Are you an A+ or D-

Know a woman in India on a career break and looking to come back to active work? You must read this

Power of only women social networks

Working Mothers : Is there a magic mantra?

What is the most important career choice a woman makes?

Did this help you? Leave a comment to let me know

And yes, please do share with anyone else who might benefit from this..

______________________________________________________________________________

Liked my post? Be sure to click-over to my other blog Nischala's Space, Thoughts and Expressions in which I write about Women At Work, Marketing, Social Media and Leadership.

To get a peak into my every day thoughts, words and world, follow me on Twitter @nimu9

1 comment:

  1. Its good to know that women is one of you favorite topic.

    ReplyDelete