Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Art of doing NOTHING

"I want to do NOTHING"
I hear from her and him

"How can anyone want to do NOTHING"
I used to wonder

I mean really NOTHING
without a care in the world
without a thought of tomorrow
without a judgment on this and that
without a worry of the past

And then I became a MOM
I now understand
That there is an art of doing NOTHING

Just sitting idle with
no thoughts,
no wishes,
no dreams,
no desires,
no tasks

Just lazing and gazing
On the roof
On the sky
On the sun
On the moon
On the stars
On the birds

When no one or nothing really matters
When no task is as important as being with yourself
When you time clock pauses - for your life
When time and space don't matter
When you expect nothing out of yourself

The reason why NOTHING is important is because
It gives you time to recharge
It gives you time to go slow
It gives you time to take it easy
It gives you time to reboot

And I realize it is probably one the most important aspects of progress and success
because sometimes
the nothingness defines you
the nothingness compels you to take a different perspectives
the nothingness is the catalyst which fuels your journey...

Are you doing NOTHING today? Just try it...

No comments:

Post a Comment